On March 1, 2014 Microsoft began offering the Windows Enterprise Upgrade in Volume Licensing.
The following are changes related to this offering:
- Windows Pro Upgrade: The Windows Pro Upgrade remains available for purchase without SA.
- Windows Enterprise Upgrade: The Windows Enterprise Upgrade is offered as of March 1, 2014 and allows customers with a qualifying OS to upgrade to Windows Enterprise.
- Downgrade Rights: Windows Enterprise edition has downgrade rights to previous versions of Windows Enterprise in addition to the same downgrade rights as Windows Pro.
- Open Value: Customers may be eligible for an Up to Date Discount based on existing Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 7 Professional licenses.
- Software Assurance: Except as stated below, SA may only be purchased for Windows Enterprise Upgrade license.
- Select Plus, Open Value, and Open License Programs: customers may continue to acquire SA for new devices licensed for Windows 8.1 or 8 Pro or Windows 7 Professional OEM or FPP within 90 days of purchase until July 1, 2014.
- Renewals: Customers who bought SA for Windows Pro may renew SA on their covered devices without the need to buy a Windows Enterprise Upgrade license.
- Purchasing Windows Upgrade + SA: Any customer in a volume licensing program which requires SA and who previously purchased Windows Pro Upgrade + SA may continue to purchase Pro Upgrade + SA until the end of their enrollment or agreement. Upon entering a new enrollment or agreement the customer will purchase Enterprise Upgrade + SA.
Got any questions about this Windows 8.1 upgrade? Contact our product specialists on 0118 9898 222 for help.